Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sadness

Death wasn't supposed to happen. Ever. Especially not to kids. It just really sucks. Deep down we all know that we were meant to live forever. And anything short of that is tragic and all wrong.
I started following a young girls blog just this past week who had cancer, and was so blessed and inspired by her. And just now I found out she died.
I can't help crying right now, and I don't even know the girl! If I feel this bad, I can't even begin to imagine how bad her mom must feel~ and knowing that I can't even imagine how her mom feels, makes me cry even more.
And if our hearts break as humans when someone dies, even though that's all we've ever known, what must it be like for God, who created us for life eternal? That was His plan A.

And to think that the only reason there's death is because of sin. That same sin that we choose to hold on to day after day is the same sin that made death the inevitable outcome. And knowing that we might still hold on to our sin, Jesus still came, and gave his life, so that we could have another chance at life eternal. He wants us that bad. He came up with plan B.
I am so glad that Satan doesn't have the last say. I can't even imagine what this world would've become if it hadn't been for Jesus. And even though innocent people like my friend who died keep reaping the consequences of the first sin ever committed, there's hope, thanks to plan B. And thanks to plan B, we can cry tears of joy, mixed with our tears of sadness.
John 17:3, 1 John 2:25

No comments:

Post a Comment